One of the events that inspired me to start this blog is being guest hosted here today. It gives me great pleasure and pride to have my most favorite event of all –My Legume Love Affair hosted here for the month of November. I have been away from Oh Taste n See for a few weeks with a vacation to India and starting to work again this month after baby #2, but couldn’t resist the offer from Lisa to host this wonderful event. Lisa has adopted MLLA from Susan, the creator and passionate proponent of all things legumes.
Its time to get creative and whip up some delicacies featuring legumes this Holiday season. All you have to do is send in any vegetarian dish that uses Legumes and become eligible to win prizes. This event and giveaway is open to bloggers and non-bloggers alike and each entry is eligible for winning two exciting giveaways. Details below.
Rules of MLLA #65:
1. Only recipes where a legume is the star ingredient are to be sent. Fresh or dried beans, lentils, pulses, and/or the sometimes edible pods that contain these seeds, and derivative products like tofu or besan, along with tamarind, fenugreek, carob, peanuts are all acceptable. Please ensure that your shining ingredient is in fact a member of the legume family.
2. The lovely logo for MLLA is designed by Susan of The Well Seasoned Cook. Usage of the MLLA logo is optional but highly encouraged.
3. Entries must be vegetarian (eggs and dairy products are allowed).
4. Only 1 entry will be accepted per blogger/participant.
5. You may submit any recipe featuring legumes provided you have posted it on your blog between the 1st and the 30th November 2013 (both dates included). If you would like to submit an old post for this event, you should re-post the recipe and update it to include the necessary links to qualify for participation.
7. Send your details – Name, Recipe URL, Location (A MUST) and Photo (any size) with a subject line of ‘MLLA’ to ohtastenseeblog(at)gmail(dot)com.
8. Non-bloggers can also participate by sending in their recipes with the details mentioned above to the same email address. Such entries too are qualified to win the random drawing.
Now for the details on the awesome prizes and giveaways of MLLA #65:
1. Hurst Beans is providing a 6-pack assortment of products to the residents of the USA.
2. The second prize is “The Everything Mediterranean Cookbook”, sponsored by Susan of ‘The Well Seasoned Cook’ at her own expense.
The Hurst bean prize can only be won by a resident of the US, determined by a random draw. If the winner of the random draw resides in the US, they get both prizes. If the winner lives outside of the US, they get Susan’s gift and another draw is taken for the beans from the pool of US residents.
I will be announcing the winners of MLLA #65 as well as posting a roundup of all the entries in the first week of December.
So, don your aprons and start cooking up some leguminous dishes!Pin It