This month’s theme for Serve It series is Serve It – Raw. Summer is in full swing everywhere and all we want to eat is something light, cool and refreshing. We get a lot of fresh produce in spring and summer and I love to have salads as much as I can. Salads need not be something boring or unsatisfying as that is the commonly conceived notion. Adding little protein like eggs, chicken and nuts and fruits like dried cranberries, raisins, apricots etc makes it a whole meal in itself. When it comes to salads the options are nearly endless.
Here are the guidelines for the event:
1. You may send in any entry that is raw. Starter, Main course, Dessert salads, accompaniments (like raita/dips/salsa) are all accepted.
2. The salad ingredients should be raw, although a max of two ingredients can be cooked. For e.g. Garbanzo beans, chicken, eggs.
3. Salad dressing/vinaigrette recipes also can be linked but they should definitely be accompanied by the salad in the post.
4. The ingredients can be greens, vegetables, fruits, grains, pasta etc.,.
5. Both Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian entries are allowed.
6. Please link back to this announcement page and also to Krithi’s page here.
7. New entries are appreciated, however if you are sending archived entries, please re-post as latest (with a date in June 2012) and update with both the links to the announcement page and logo.
8. Usage of links and logo is mandatory.
9. Last date for submission of your entries is June 30, 2012.
10. To submit your entries, just link your entries using the linky tool below.
11. Non-bloggers also can send their entries with a picture to the below email-id.
12. If you have a problem in linking email us your problem to serveit[dot]series[at]gmail[dot]com. We will try to resolve it.
Please link your entries below: