Thanks everyone for all your wonderful entries to last month’s event: Serve it – Festival potluck. We recieved 171 entries of celebratory sweets and savories perfect for any occassion. The celebration did not end with last month. It continues with the official ‘Holiday Season’ – the next couple of months. Since most of November is centered towards Turkey and stuffing here in the United States, we have picked the theme for this month as ‘Savory Baked’. It could be anything you make for Thanksgiving dinner from the turkey to casseroles, souffles, breads and rolls, or something you bake that is not Thanksgiving related, be it a lasagna, a mac and cheese or just a baked potato!
To give you an idea, here are some of the Savory Baked items at Oh Taste n See:
Appetizers – Puff Pastry Garlic Knots, Egg Puffs, Green Chutney Pinwheels
Breads – Garlic Rolls, Foccacia
Vegetable sides – Zucchini Fries, Roasted Broccoli, Roasted Cauliflower, Oven Roasted Taro, Baked Stuffed Okra
Breakfast/Brunch – Crustless Brocooli Cheddar mini quiches, Baked Eggs FlorentineMain dishes – Roasted Chicken and Potatoes, Tandoori Chicken
So, why wait..
Bring on the baked goods..As long as its savory, you’re on.
Here are the guidelines for the event:
1. You may send in any entry that is only baked in the conventional oven and is savory. No sweet entries allowed like cakes/cookies. No Microwave baked recipes are allowed.
2. Both Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian entries are allowed. Although no beef/pork/alcohol entries please.
3. Please link back to this announcement page and also to Krithi’s page.
4. New entries are appreciated, however if you are sending archived entries, please re-post as latest (with a date in November 2011) and update with both the links to the announcement page and logo.
5. Usage of links and logo is mandatory.
6. Last date for submission of your entries is November 30, 2011
7. To send in your entries, just link your entries using the below linky tool.
8. Non-bloggers also can send their entries with a picture to the below email-id.
9. If you have a problem in linking email us your problem to serveit[dot]series[at]gmail[dot]com. We will try to resolve it. Please note that if the entries do not oblige to the rules we would have to remove the entries from the linky.