Welcome to my new home!!! Hope you enjoy the changes that I have made, and support the many new recipes that I will be posting in the future. Any feedback is welcome, please leave me a comment.
If you are wondering what Quinoa is…it is truly none short of being a ‘wonder grain’.
An ancient “grain” native to South America, quinoa was once called “the gold of the Incas,” who recognized its value in increasing the stamina of their warriors, due to its high protein content. Not only is quinoa high in protein, but the protein it supplies is complete protein, meaning that it includes all nine essential amino acids. It is considered the best choice for vegans concerned about adequate protein intake and for people with diabetes and other heart conditions.
Given so many health benefits of quinoa, it shouldn’t be hard for the many talented food bloggers out there(and non bloggers too) to dorn on your apron and to come up with healthy and delicious recipes featuring ‘Quinoa’.
Here are the rules of the event:
- Quinoa should be the ‘key’ ingredient of the dish the you prepare. It could be any type of dish from sweet to savory.
- Post your recipe on your blog during the event’ schedule dates. If you are a non blogger, please send me your entries in an email.
- Old entries which are re posted during the event schedule dates are allowed.
- Only vegetarian recipes, eggs are ok.
- No deep fried recipes please.
- You must provide a link to this event announcement page and to Sanjeeta’s page here.
- I would appreciate if you use the above logo for your post, though not mandatory.
- The last day for sending your entries is April 30, 2011.
- The round up of the event will be posted by May 10.
Please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject WWC – Quinoa with the following information:
- Your name
- Name of the recipe
- Link to your post
NOTE: Bloggers, please do not send me a picture of your recipe in the email, I will pick a picture from your blog post. However, if you are a non blogger, email me your entry along with a picture, resized to 300 pixels.
Please do check out some of the quinoa recipes on ‘Oh Taste n See’ for recipe ideas:
1. Multi grain oothappam
Looking forward to your innovative recipes…Happy cooking!!!Pin It