The initiative of starting a food blog, started with inspiration of fellow food bloggers, and being a regular visitor to their blogs. I believe many of you out there with agree with me on this. The ‘Tried and Tasted’ event, is an oppurtunity to acknowledge those inspirations, appreciate their efforts and a nice way to try new things.
This event was originally started by Zlamushka and is now organized by Lakshmi of Kitchen Chronicles. Thanks to them for giving me the oppurtunity to host this event. For this month’s event I have chosen a versatile blogger: Umm Mymoonah of Taste of Pearl City.
The rules are simple:
1. Cook any recipe from Umm Mymoonah’s Taste of Pearl City and post about it. Stay as true to the original recipe(s) as possible. Therefore, there is no need for re-posting it, simply link to the original post.
2. There is no time-frame for the original recipe. It can be as old as my grand-mother or new ones.
3.Have you cooked from Blog of the month before? As this event is all about tasting and reflecting on the taste, older posts are also welcome. Simply link to this post and mention T&T event.
4. Link your post to this announcement and to Lakshmi’s post . Please always link to both sites, so both blogs are given credit and you are avoiding copyright issues. We would love to see the event logo on your post.
5. Send an e-mail to ohtastenseeblog[at]gmail[dot]com with the following details-
Name of your blog
Your post URL as well as the original URL
A picture (300px by height, please).
6. The last date for entries is Feb 15, 2011 and the round up will be posted within a week.
7. Non-bloggers are more than welcome to participate. Simply e-mail me with your inspiration and your experience of cooking it. If possible please include a picture.
A special thanks to Ksenia for creating our Logo each and every month.I will update this post as soon as I get the event logo from Ksenia.Pin It