Goa, as soon as you hear it, it reminds me of sandy beaches and blue ocean and lots and lots of fun. It is probably one of the most famous tourist destinations in India. It also has its share of historic importance, having been one of the first places in India to have a Western influence. That said, the Portugese that landed there have made an impact not only in history but also in the culture and the cuisine of Goa. Goan cuisine is an interesting mixture of Indian and Western flavors, resulting in a delicious plethora of dishes.
‘Flavours of Goa’ is an invitation to you to explore this interesting cuisine and make a culinary travel to the State. It is an event series started by Nayna of Simply Sensational Food, that features one cuisine of India every couple of months. Our tour stop at Goa will be from 1st December 2010- 31st January 2011.
Here are the rules:
- Prepare any Goan dish. I will accept both Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian dishes for this event.
- Post it on your blog with the event logo(The logo is mandatory, it helps spread the word. Hope you understand). Non-bloggers are also welcome to participate, just email me your write up.
- Link your post to this announcement page and also to Simply Sensational Food – “http://simplysensationalfood.blogspot.com/p/simplyfood-events.html”
- Multiple entries are allowed. Archived entries will be accepted if reposted.
- Last date for submission of entries is January 31st 2011. The roundup will be posted on Feb 1st.
- Send me an email at ohtastenseeblogATgmailDOTcom with Subject: Flavors of Goa with the following details:
- Your Name
- Recipe Name and URL
- Picture : 300 pixels.
Hoping to see a lot of your mouthwatering Goan recipes, and many thanks to Nayna for giving me the opportunity to guest-host this event.Pin It